Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Slump Dump...

I've kind of still been drawing. Just been really lazy about posting. I could use the excuse of school starting up and being crazy busy, but that would all be a lie. Just been lazy and drawing crappy stuff I don't really want to put up. I'm done pouting though and ready to try this again.



Venison Jerky. First try at it.
Here's the real stuff precooking. Frankly it's pretty gross looking. Smells even worse than it looks.


A week later.

Those cats offer hours of laughs and entertainment. Emma went up to the DVD player at least three times as I opened the DVD door with the remote control and jumped every single time. She was very wary of the door as I continued to do open and close it.

Yes, that's suppose to be my wife and I. I didn't think much of it when she answered the Chipotle worker. After she walked away she goes, "Oh my God. I felt like I went like, 'Huhh?'" and made this really crazy face. I was trying to draw the second face she made. How she felt she answered the girl.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff, man. That drawing of you slapping yourself is priceless. If you wanna have some really amazing venison, do what my father-in-law does: go simple and throw venison chunks into a makeshift "tray" of tin foil with some teriyaki sauce and red pepper flakes and slap that puppy onto the grill. They're little chunks of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I have a slump, but thankfully that just means that better times are coming! First off, all the drawings are fun and the one where you are slapping yourself and your eye is protruding... well, that's just genius. Loving the cat and DVD door. So funny. And your wife's face... wow.

    Have you ever seen the book called: "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron? It's full of little exercises and journaling that helps you get out of a slump. It's very spiritual, so if you don't like that sort of thing, you might not like the book, but it's not any one religion or anything, just "being one with the universe" sort of stuff. and definitely much more than that. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the venison cooking tip, Matt. I'll have to try that. I haven't really found a good recipe of my own that I like.

    Thanks Robin, I'll take a look at that book. I'm always looking for some inspiration.

    Thanks for the comments and all the support!

    ReplyDelete