Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday...


How long have I been doing this blog thing? Over a year and a half? How often have you seen me draw my parents? NONE! Because it SCARES me! Couldn't really tell you why, but decided it was high time to buckle down and just do it. Who am I kidding? I know why it scares me. Because I don't want to mess them up. Draw them wrong. My dad sent me a link to a podcast (see below) with an interview by Lynda Barry. She's written a couple books that I've only glanced at, What It Is, being one of them. Her main message in the interview is that we should all just create. Draw for fun without worrying about what it looks like. We are all capable of creating in our own way and that is what's important. It helped give me the courage I needed to tackle drawing my parents, people who I don't want to draw "wrong."

So, there you go mom and dad. Love you guys. Thanks for all your support!

Today's inspiration comes from a Lynda Barry podcast.

4 comments:

  1. Great comic today! I agree with Lynda Barry. It's really hard to do, but it's so satisfying when you give in and create (and POST) even if it's not perfect. It's an amazing way to grow. We all just have to trust our intuition and by spontaneous. It helps to have A.D.D. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comics, man... but I'm disappointed in you for the whole Lady Gaga thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your comics! I look forward to them. Each and every one of them makes me smile. I love first enjoying the content, then looking at each detail. I also find myself in shock at how perfectly you can capture your wife's expressions. "I KNOW THAT LOOK!!!" Hope to see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, we all have our guilty pleasures, right? I am also a huge fan of Phil Collins. Can't help it.

    It was great seeing you tonight Oehme! Thanks for always checking the blog. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete